While home improvement and new home construction contractors must be registered to do business in Connecticut, certain types of work involved in new home construction and home improvement requires additional training, education and licensing. Persons performing these jobs must have the correct licensing in order to perform their work correctly and safely.
The following links to the actual license testing booklets provide the most up-to-date information about what license types are needed to perform certain jobs.
Each document gives a detailed explanation for the scope of work allowed at each licensing level.  We hope this information gives consumers a general idea of the level of expertise and credentialing that is required in Connecticut to legally and safely perform various skilled work.
For further clarification or information, please feel free to call the Department of Consumer Protection at 860-713-6135 or visit the website at:




Call Us in Connecticut, at (860) 250-0088 - Preferred Painters of Prestigious Properties

Go to top